MAPLE GLAZED + ROASTED CARROTS
Maybe I have the Easter bug, but I’ve been seriously obsessed with carrots as of late. A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of dining at the renowned ABC Kitchen in NYC and their Roasted Carrot Salad inspired me to go home and roast my own carrots. The salad at ABC Kitchen had a bunch of other fancy fixings in it, naturally, but the real star was certainly the beautifully and perfectly roasted carrots.
I kept my side dish simple and stuck with just carrots. They were gone within minutes. Seconds.
Leaving the skin on the carrots is important because roasted with the marinade, they emit this awesome crust.
They could almost pass as a dessert… Go make these now and then make them again for Easter brunch!
- Whole Carrots (Bunch)
- Maple Syrup (2 tbsp)
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 tsp)
- Meyer Lemon (1/2)
- Herbes de Provence (1 tbsp)
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients – maple syrup, olive oil, juice of the meyer lemon, herbes de provence, salt + pepper – until well combined and the oil has emulsified.
- Wash the carrots and cut off the long stems; leave the skin ON.
- Place the carrots in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade atop. Brush the carrots with the marinade until fully covered.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and let the carrots roast – a good 25-30 minutes. Turn them halfway through the cooking process and re-coat with marinade as necessary.