HAWAIIAN FISH TACOS
What is the one food I can’t get enough of in Hawaii? Fish tacos! They are all the rage in Hawaii yet not as popular on the mainland. In my opinion, they should be a summer grilling staple in every household. Compared to “regular” tacos (the kind we are all familiar with), fish tacos are much more refreshing and light. The bright colors naturally scream summer so they will naturally be the star at your next backyard bash.
- Mahi Mahi or Tilapia (2 lbs)
- Hawaiian Rub (4 tbsp)
- Salt + Pepper
- Greek Yogurt (5 oz)
- Lime (1)
- Dijon Mustard (1 tsp)
- Hawaiian Rub (2 tsp)
- Green or Red Cabbage (1/2 head)
- Avocado (2)
- Fresh Salsa w/ Mango + Jicama (2 cups)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Mango or Pineapple
- Japanese Cucumber
- Flour Tortillas
- Brush the mahi mahi (or tilapia) fillets with a little oil. Throw on some salt + pepper to both side of the fillets.
- Rub the fillets with Hawaiian rub (or more simply, some herbs). Cover and let marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Prep the toppings. Finely shred up the cabbage. Make the fresh salsa. Cut up the avocado and dress with a little lime juice to keep it from browning.
- Create the sauce by combining the yogurt, lime, dijon, and Hawaiian rub.
- Grill the marinated fillets for 10-15 minutes.
- Put some heat through the flour tortillas, assemble, and enjoy!