GRILLED EARTH SALAD
I am calling this my Earth salad because all of the ingredients are exactly that – of the Earth. What more? You can pretty much re-create this dish with any combination of your favorite vegetables or whatever looks best at the farmers market. You can add all the vegetables under sun, or keep things simple.
My version uses a raw sprout salad as the base. I created a hummus dressing to give the sprouts some added flavor. Sitting atop the bed of sprouts are a bunch of grilled vegetables, simply marinated in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Grab a fork and dig in (no pun intended).
By the way, grills don’t have to always be dedicated to poultry, meat, or seafood – it does wonders to vegetables as well!
- Portobella Mushrooms (4)
- Tomatoes (2)
- Red Onion (1)
- Raw Sprouts Salad
- Hummus (1 tbsp)
- Meyer Lemon (1/2)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt + Pepper
- Cut up the portobella mushrooms into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Cut up the red onion into quarters and peel it apart as you add to the mushrooms.
- Whisk together a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar with salt + pepper. Pour this mixture into the large bowl and coat the mushrooms and onions well. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, purée the hummus, lemon juice, olive oil, salt + pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Place the raw sprouts salad in a large salad bowl. Pour in the hummus dressing and incorporate it into the sprouts salad.
- Cut up the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat up your grill and cook the mushrooms and red onions.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the sprouts salad. Toss together. Add the tomatoes and do a gentle toss.