CHOPPED TOFU SALAD
Chopped salad meet Asian fusion. I say this again and again on my blog but I am perpetually pleased by the versatility that is tofu. My newest obsession is the sprouted variety which has an awesome earthy flavor and fun texture; holds together great in this salad.
I went with a super simple lemon/oil emulsion as the dressing. I love that the lemon slightly pickles the cucumber and “cooks” the mushrooms. The citrus of the lemon also seeps so beautifully into the tofu, carrying the refreshing zest throughout the dish.
- Cherry Tomatoes (12 oz)
- Cucumber (1)
- Celery Stalk (1)
- Baby Bella Mushrooms (Handful)
- Extra Firm Sprouted Tofu (12 oz)
- Lemon (1/2)
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Quarter the cucumber and spoon out the seeds. Use a mandoline slicer to thinly slice up the cucumber. Place the cucumber slices in a bowl.
- Thinly slice up the mushrooms and celery. Add these to the bowl and toss with the cucumbers.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl. Toss with the cucumbers and mushrooms. Season with salt + pepper.
- Cut up the tofu into small cubes and place in the bowl. Toss with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt + pepper.
- Pour the lemon vinaigrette into the bowl and mix everything well to combine. Do a final seasoning with salt + pepper.