RAW VEGETABLE SALAD W/ PEANUT VINAIGRETTE
I get excited about raw salads in the summer. What other season is it totally appropriate and sometimes necessary (hot, humid temps…) to stay away from the stove?? As we head into mid-August, there’s no excuse not to take advantage of summer’s fresh produce and eat raw.
This would also be great with bean sprouts or green papaya. Really, dinner can’t get any easier and healthier!
- Zucchini (2)
- Celery Stalks (2)
- Carrots (4)
- Cucumber (1)
- Scallion (1)
- Peanut Vinaigrette*
- Sesame Seeds
*Peanuts, Honey, Soy Sauce, Miso, Brown Rice Vinegar
- Thinly julienne all of the vegetables lengthwise (think thin spaghetti noodles) and place in a salad bowl. Season with salt + pepper.
- Place in a blender the peanuts, honey, soy sauce, miso, and brown rice vinegar. Purée until well mixed (doesn’t need to be completely smooth).
- Pour the peanut vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Allow the vegetables to marinade in the vinaigrette for about 15 minutes.
- Toss in the sesame seeds and shredded nori.