RAW MUSHROOM WILD RICE
Simple rice dishes are perfect solutions for low hassle mid-week dinners. Rice is the ultimate blank slate that you can take in any direction, any cuisine, cold/hot, sweet/savory, etc.
I added some bright, vibrant vegetables of varying textures to play up the rice in this dish. The key to extra time savings? Keeping things raw and flavors simple. The heat from the freshly cooked rice will “cook” the vegetables a bit, but retaining their raw state makes this perfect for summer.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms (1 cup)
- Tomato (1)
- Broccoli (2 bunches)
- Celery Stalk (2)
- Lemon (1/4)
- Wild Rice
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Cook the rice according to package on the stove top or in a rice cooker.
- Meanwhile, prep the vegetables. Obviously, start off by giving the vegetables a good wash and pat dry.
- Thinly slice up the celery and place in a large bowl.
- Chop up the broccoli crowns, thinly slice up the stems and add to the celery.
- Slice up the mushrooms and add to the bowl.
Chop up the tomato into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl.
- Gently toss all of the vegetables.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt + pepper until emulsified. Add this vinaigrette to the vegetables and toss to combine.
- When the rice has cooked, add to the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt + pepper as necessary.