NO FLOUR + NO KNEAD NUT BREAD
Have you ever walked into a bakery and closed your eyes just to marvel in the smell of freshly baked bread? No? Oh… Well, I love that feeling because you immediately envision a warm loaf with the perfect crust and steaming, fluffy interior. #carbheaven
**SPOILER ALERT** This bread is not THAT bread. But don’t give up on me yet! This bread is one that any non-bread monger can handle. Seriously. The recipe is virtually hassle-free. And let’s talk health benefits. Sometimes I just want a slice of bread (because I’m weird). At that moment, it doesn’t really matter what type of bread I put in my mouth, I just have this desire to pop a slice in the toaster and munch away. THIS bread makes for delicious toast (with jam, hummus, whatever) and the best part – completely made up of whole grains, nuts, and seeds. In other words, you get to milk the benefits of fiber, protein.
What else can I say… it’s gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, blah blah blah. Oh! It’s mighty tasty :)
And last but not least, a big huge shout-out to fellow blogger Sarah Britton who inspired this awesomeness to begin with.
- Sunflower Seeds (1 cup)
- Flax Seeds (½ cup)
- Hazelnuts or Almonds (½ cup)
- GF Rolled Oats (1 ½ cups)
- Chia Seeds (2 tbsp)
- Psyllium Seed Husks (4 tbsp OR 3 tbsp if using the powder)
- Fine Grain Sea Salt (1 tsp)
- Maple Syrup or Honey (1 tbsp)
- Coconut Oil (3 tbsp melted)
- Water (1 ½ cups)
- In a flexible, silicon loaf pan (or non-stick loaf pan) combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Whisk together maple syrup (or honey), oil and water in a separate bowl (or straight in the measuring cup).
- Add this whisked mixture to the dry ingredients and combine very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable).
- Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Let the dough sit out on your counter for at least 2 hours, all day or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it it.
- When the dough is ready, pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Place loaf pan onto the middle rack of your oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the middle rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- You’ll know the bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
(Store bread in a tightly sealed container for ~5 days or slice up and freeze)